Love the Bedford Library and want to help but don’t know how? Join the Friends of the Bedford Library!
We are like a fan club for the Bedford Library!
Who are the Friends of the Bedford Library and what do we do?
The Friends are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that raises money to fund items on the Library’s wish list through membership and fundraisers. We also host events like the Sunday Concerts and Cookies series held October through April.
Here are some of the items that the Friends have sponsored for the Library:
- Imaginative play toys in the Children's room (ex. Kitchen and accessories)
- New 3D Printer and filament
- Filament used by the previous MakerBot 3D printer
- Items for the Children’s Summer Reading program
- World Globe
- T-shirt for new staff members
- Volunteer thank you gifts
- Poinsettia decorations at the holidays
Becoming a member is easy!
- Fill out a membership form online or ask the front desk for a membership form!
- Pay your membership dues of just $20
Membership dues renew annually in June
Dues can be paid via cash, check (payable to: Friends of the Bedford Library), or Paypal
What do I “get” as a member?
- A Friends of the Bedford Library tote bag & Library Card Sticker
- Member only benefits at Friends hosted events
- Meet new people when volunteering at our events -- at some activities kids can help too!
- Input on new ideas for all ages at the library
- High School members can earn community service hours
Do I have to volunteer if I become a member?
Only if you want to! We have different time commitments for the different events that we do.
For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Officers (2 Year Terms, Staggered Odd/Even Years)
President (Odd) - Catherin Weeks
Vice President (Odd) - Tracey Gamache
Secretary (Even) - Ann Edwards
Treasurer & Membership (Even) - Adair Heyl
Directors (1 Year Term)
Director of Events - Linda Stensgaard
Director of Marketing - Kim Campbell
Coordinators (1 Year Term)
Concert Coordinator - Linda Abels
Books, Baskets, & Beyond! - Catherin Weeks
Board Meeting Dates (Subject to change as needed)
*Please email for meeting link
Tuesday, February 7th at 7:15pm via Zoom*
Tuesday, March 7th at 7:15pm via Zoom*
Sunday, April 2nd at 4:14-5pm in the McAllaster Room — Annual All member Meeting
Tuesday, May 2nd at 7:15pm via Zoom*
September Meeting Date and Time TBD
Friends of the Bedford Library By-Laws
Thank you to everyone that supported our raffle basket fundraiser! See you again in October 2023!
Thank you to all our sponsors!