Scope of the Collection
- "How To" books for genealogical research tracing English, Irish, French, Canadian, Jewish ancestry
- Early Families in New England and America
- Mayflower ancestors
- Federal Census Index 1790-1850 for New England & New York
- Indexes to Genealogical Societies and family association addresses
- New England Historic Genealogical Register 1963-1996
- Irish immigration advertisements in Boston 1831-1876
- Family genealogical listings
- Vital Records to 1850 for over 215 Massachusetts towns
- Massachusetts Revolutionary and Civil War Military Records
- Massachusetts Town Census 1855 & 1865
- Old maps of Boston area counties and cities/towns
Genealogical Web Sites
Ancestry.com - The Boyden Library has a subscription to the ancestry.com database. Patrons are welcome to come in and reserve an Internet computer and search this site.
Family Search - Enter description here.
Cyndi's List - Enter description here.
US Gen Web Project - Enter description here.
USA People Search - Enter description here.
NewYork.com - Enter description here.